Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Target Audience: BLOG 12


Hey Everyone!

I wanted to discuss representation of my film opening as well as the 
target audience that I'm going to be  reaching out to.

Representation-

Since I'm doing a romantic piece with both lead male and female characters, I wanted to make sure the female lead is the primary focus of the film, due to the under representation of women in the industry. I'm going to establish this by always reflecting back to her and base the film off her feelings and the guy she will need to chose. My ensemble characters are going to be a diverse group, and will include some Hispanic, and African Americans to show that my main characters are not associated with a "white only" friend group.

Target Audience-


After researching the genre, 84% of viewers are female. The age range is between typically 13-18.

The reason the female audience is attracted so heavily in this genre is due to the idea that the film follows the female character which I'm following to embrace the romance genre. Previously, 
(BLOG 2) I talked about '50 Shades of Grey' because it was an example of a movie in the romance category. With that being said, I explained how my film is utilizing a lot of the same representations, like colors incorporated in the costumes- blacks,whites, and grays. Also, like the opening of 50 Shades of Grey, my opening focuses on character development. 


No comments:

Post a Comment