Friday, April 16, 2021

OVERVIEW

 Wow. 

So this is the end. 2 years of being in an Aice Media studies class and my final project is finished. And this has by far been one of my favorites. 

I put a lot of time and thought into this story, it’s something I’ve been working on since November. When I got assigned this project, I decided this would be an awesome opportunity to showcase this storyline. 

Throughout the filming of this project, I didn’t find myself struggling as much with ideas because I wrote a script prior so I had some scenes laid out and knew exactly what I wanted to. Aside from the camera dying a few time, technically I was ok. 

My best friend, Alyssa, is a film student at the University of Miami and she helped me film and bounce ideas for the layout of the trailers. Because I wanted to do most shots of Miles and Taylor together, it was easier to just have an extra hand on the camera.

We were able to film everything in a span of 2 days, which is relatively short, but I believe because I put so much into the behind the scenes that when we ready to film it was go time.

I’m excited to hear what my classmates and teacher think of my work. I am very nervous because I feel like I have such high expectations of myself and every piece I create I definitely overthink it. 

I had so much fun with this. I love acting for my pieces because I feel like I have more control over the way it comes out. The actor who played Miles, Caleb, and I acted off each other prior to this for one of Alyssa’s short films. That being said I knew how we looked on camera together and how the chemistry looks. That’s actually how we met and began to date. 

Long story short, this piece means a lot to me because it’s more than just a story for a class, it’s about an issue that isn’t showcased enough in film, but we will talk more about this in the CCR... Thank you so much for following along with this blog, it has been so awesome to be apart of. Wishing you all the best! 


No comments:

Post a Comment