Saturday, March 21, 2020

Emergency: BLOG 17


Due to the COVID-19 global emergency, the resources I was utilizing as far as set location, actors, props, and crew have become very limited and/or no longer available for my use. I know because of this crisis, the entire school system is out of sorts and a lot of students are going to be rearranging their film openings and ideas to fit their current lifestyle.

Currently for me, I am stuck at home, pulling out my hair because both my male actors are in quarantine, the set I wanted to film at is closed and “only offering takeout services” and practically the entire world is nested in their homes not giving a damn to help me with my school project. It’s totally understandable, but also not very helpful.

This sounds just as annoying as the moment this idea popped into my head, as I’m sure you’ve been reading probably every other student express their troubles with the coronavirus, but I AM going to have to change my film project. I have some storylines, and I am staying with the romance genre, but today, I decided to commit to the change.

I don’t think I fully understood how this virus was going to effect the world. I really wasn’t taking it as serious as I should, and that was completely wrong of me. I didn’t see the possible outcomes, and I definitely didn’t see it getting this close to home.

I blogged earlier this morning showing my camera and all excited, still thinking of shots and angles for my film opening, I jotted down some sketches for the marketing posters, only to later get slapped in the face with reality and come to the senses that this is just not going to be possible due to everything going on. I’m going to use this next week to seriously start getting this ready to film and edit because time is ticking and I’m running a close race with quarantine.

Until tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are not alone with having to change up your project. No worries though - I know you can come up with something engaging...think about your own life, your own stories...

    ReplyDelete