Sunday, February 21, 2021

LIKE I PROMISED: Blog #2

 Happy Sunday and yes when I say Sunday I mean the Sunday I made you guys wait for to hear all about my idea for this film.

So let’s get right into!

The GENRE of my film is going to be a physiological thriller/drama with a storyline that I’ve been creating for months. The basis of the film is created around a young man who faces night terrors/sleep paralysis that begins appearing regularly in his night routine. His trouble sleeping is out of the blue, and he never seemed to have problems like this before. The reason I thought this film would be so important is because so many people are challenged with sleep troubles and it is almost rarely showcased in media. Our main character is accompanied by the female lead who is his fiancée and acts as the backbone of the film. Their relationship is picture perfect and I think that’s another addition that will make this even more interesting is that how could a man with a great job, a beautiful fiancée, and pretty much everything else going for him, could be struggling with such a psychological trauma out of no where. 

I wanted the main characters to be relateable in the beginning. I want the audience to fall in love with our leads so when bad things start happening to our male lead, you feel his struggle and you also feel what our female lead is feeling. The relationship will really flip when the sleep troubles arise because you will see the intertwining of characters as our female lead will grow stronger in order to support her fiancée in comparison to the beginning when he was her shoulder. 

There is still so much to talk about, but for now I just wanted to give a general overview of my thoughts for this project! I am so stoked for you guys to see where this goes and I will be posting a lot more information next week!

Until then

No comments:

Post a Comment