Saturday, February 22, 2020

Decisions... BLOG 4

With heavy consideration, I believe I have found the storyline I want to use for my film opening.
Because I decided to do a romantic piece, I want my opening to be extremely dramatic and heartfelt.

With that being said, I want my film opening to have no dialogue. I chose this idea because when I was in musical theatre, I directed a one act piece that was silent. Winning critics' choice along with a ticket to the state competition, I knew the theme was powerful. If I can create something that can make people feel something without saying one word, then I have done my job. I know this won’t be easy, but I am determined to make sure this will tell a story.

I will do this by utilizing the opportunity of sound/music, which I have to carefully select, because it will be making up for whatever mood is not being set by dialogue. I am also looking for a highly qualified lead male role, because the acting needs to be at an advanced level for this opening. As far as for the female role, I feel I am qualified to play the part, as I have over 8 years experience of acting classes, as well as musical theatre experience. I want the cast of people I can trust, I have a lot at stake with this film, and I refuse to have anything or anyone that doesn't meet the professional standard I’m looking for, to be apart of it. Sounds harsh, but at the end of the day is the truth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment