Saturday, March 28, 2020

Change: BLOG 18

Hi okay so this week I was going back and forth with some ideas for the new opening but every time I felt I had something, it turned out something was preventing me from being able to execute to the best of my abilities.... cough cough covid-19. Anyways, i mentioned before I want to stay with the same genre, target audience, ect... and that comment remains. But instead of introducing a conflict, I want to just introduce the main characters, sort of.

I want the opening to just be two people in a large room dancing. Slow music, very romantic, very intimate. The film will be in black and white, and I’m going to try my best to make it almost like silhouettes dancing around while the credits are rolling. The title is going to remain the same, as well as the fonts for now. Monday-Sunday of next week I’m going to film because editing will be a pain. I have to select a new song as well because I still haven’t heard back from Sony about the original song I wanted to license. Now I’m going to pick a song that isn’t copyrighted and that I can just use without relying on someone to give me permission. The music will be almost a jazz style, fun, but subtle, almost background music. I’m steering away from any dialogue. I really don’t think it’s necessary for the opening. The costumes will be simple. Black and white like i had planned before. Except no gray because there will only be 2 characters in the opening rather then 3.

I’m trying to cover as much of the opening as I can, but with everything going on I know everyone is kinda doing their own thing. Later tonight I’ll post a new blog with pictures of the set and possibly some costumes ideas. Until then 

No comments:

Post a Comment